Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Targeted Individual Anthem #18

Four-Leaf Clover
by John Jenkins

Verse 1

You taught me how to survive
You taught me how to say thanks
You're the reason I'm alive
Now I'm going to the bank

You taught me life wasn't easy
And I never ask why
And if my life doesn't please me
Then it means I'm not trying

Everybody in my fam'ly
Thinks I'm the worst man alive
They overlook my troubles
Like when I almost died

Everybody at the station
Saw me as a piece of meat
Live in my generation
Know the feeling of defeat

Bridge

But every day
I can't make my mind up
Where I'm going next

In every way
I won't be composed of
The TI complex

Chorus 2X

You
You helped me

Only you
Developed me

Deep in my life
I knew it was over

And now I've got
My four-leaf clover

Verse 2

I never held a trophy
Never made it to the top
Never thought I would survive
Never thought it would stop

But the more that I learned it
The more that it showed
It just couldn't be earned
It only had to be showed

Nobody ever told me
That it couldn't be expunged
They'll never wipe the tears away
And I'll never be one

Bridge 3x

Chorus 4x

No comments:

Post a Comment