Friday, June 14, 2019

Targeted Individual Anthem #16

Evidence-Based
by John Jenkins

Verse 1

I don't want your
Emotional distraction

I don't need your
Destructive contraption

I lost everything
Now I'm all action

I don't need your
Social impaction

You can run but they're
Still going to find you

You'll have fun but the
Enemy's inside you

You may die thinking you're
Better than someone

But it's a lie. You're
Never alone, hon

Chorus

We're the first new race of the century

And we're evidence-based

We're evidence based

Verse 2

Tell my ma
That I've gone into hiding

Tell my pa
There will be no confiding

You can see
That emotions are rising

You can be
If you keep on providing

You are so full
Of love and caring

What I'll do is
Make songs for the age

What it takes
Is the holiness of someone

It will brake you if
You don't become one

Chorus 2

We gave everything we were
And everything we'll be

And we've evidence-based

No comments:

Post a Comment