Monday, May 20, 2019

Targeted Individual Anthem #9

Grand
By John Jenkins

Chorus 1

Dead Eyes.
Though they never will believe us.

Dead Lives.
They will never come between us.

Dead Skies.
And the skies are not beneath us.

We can make this grand.

Dead Eyes.
And our song, it is forever.

Dead Lives.
We will always be together.

Dead Skies.
And it doesn't matter whether
we convince them or not.

Chorus 2X

My heart's whole.

And they told me it was over.

But they lied.

Now I'm fighting just like before.

Dead Eyes.
Now, my mother was in fashion.

Dead Lives.
Being single was a passion.

Dead Skies.
Now I know that she was acting.

She didn't know what was happening.

Dead Eyes.
And they never said "What's happenin'?"

Dead Lives.
And they hated with a passion.

Dead Skies
And their love was an illusion.

They will never know me.

Chorus 2X

Ending

Dead Eyes. Dead Lives. Dead Skies. 3X


No comments:

Post a Comment