Monday, May 20, 2019

Targeted Individual Anthem #8

Stay Back
by John Jenkins

Verse 1

I can't take these
drugs forever.

I want to be free.

And I can't raise my
family from prison.

I need to be me.

The police think
I'm highly suspicious.

But they can never define

What makes me
so right and delicious

To these invisible crimes.

Chorus

Stay back.

You'll be living with the trauma.

Way back.

Flourished under Obama.

Reach out.

When they call you a liar.

Lay back.

Verse 2

If you want to
see your family,

Stick a beam in your eye.

And if you want to
avoid damage.

Well, then you'll have to die.

No, you cannot have
it both ways.

Be free or be poor.

The path is riddled
with their refuse.

It's an open door.

Chorus 2

Stay back.

Out of the way of your trauma.

Way back.

To avoid all this drama.

Reach out.
Though there will be no Karma.

Lay back.

The police think
I'm highly suspicious.

But they can never be sure.

Following their
written prescriptions.

Your failure is ensured.

Want to die with feet
in the promised land.

Well then, you'll have to fly.

Don't you say the
Bible predicts this.

'Cause then you may just be right.

Chorus 3

Stay back.

To be free of all the drama.

Way back.

And to be rid of all your problems.

Reach out.

To the sky, from whence your help comes.

Lay back.

Lay back 4x

No comments:

Post a Comment