Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Targeted Individual Anthem #6

Demons
By John Jenkins

Verse 1

Stayin' out
of prison
is the business
of winnin'

And this feelin'
got me illin',
like I'm killin'
with ceilings

I told God
that the road
that I chose
was hard.

Now I'm lauded.
Never thought
I'd see the
Demons departed.

Yo

Chorus 2X

I'm so stressed
with this test.
Why am I vexed?

I was the best,
then I was hexed.
Play Hexen less.

Gotta stay cool,
stay true to me.
Barracuda, be.

My flare
Will make others
To see.

Verse 2

Whatever test
I'm doing next,
and every day,
I'm in the fray.

I never
know quite
what a brother
might say.

I went to college,
but I was starving.
Then it was Heartland,
before this heartland.

I swear I
never thought
I'd see myself
There

Chorus 2X

Verse 3

In the beginning,
life was hard.
And some of us ain't winning
'cause we're begging and borrowing.

Never paid back nat.
If you want to be free,
to cruise the seas,
just take the game from me.

Like Harry Potter,
zoomin' on my push broom.

Like Vince Carter
Doin' my Doctor Dash Doom.

Ain't seen my replay
since six weeks ago.

Now I'm looking at
nothing but dough.

Chorus 2X

No comments:

Post a Comment