Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Targeted Individual Anthem # 3

Why Me?
by John Jenkins

(Verse 1)

I could have had it all.
But I
Thought it wasn't worth my heart.

I could've called you crazy.
But my
Palpitations told me "maybe."

I could've got my de-gree.
But I
Thought it wasn't really me.

I could've lived with my mom.
But I
Hate to wear out my welcome.

(Bridge 1)

Staying out of prison.
Is a full-time job with full- time pay.
You'll know that you're winning.
If you can write a song and sing it, on your way.

(Verse 2)

I could've beat the game.
But sittin'
On my butt is getting lame.

I could've argued with him.
But he
Lost his family just like me.

I don't have much to declare.
But I
Made history with just my hair.

I'm sober and I'm free.
But I
Need the courage to be me.

(Bridge 2 - 2X)

Respect for women,
Is the only way to stay alive.
All of us are different.
The rules of justice still apply.

(Chorus 1 - 4X)

I say: why, why why,
Why, why, why, why,

Why me?

(Ending 1)

Why me?

Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment