Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Targeded Individual Anthem # 2

Get Up, Get Up, Get Up
by John Jenkins

(Verse 1)

I lost my house and my car,
My balloons and my dog.
They only took it too far,
And now I'm sitting at the Bar.

It's creepin' and it's hard
And my heart if full of scars.
I've been loyal since the start,
Sufferin' 'cause I'm smart.

(Bridge)
Why have you forsaken me Jesus?

Jesus where shall I go?

(Chorus - 2X)

Jesus said:

Get up, get up, get up; young brother, now.

Get up, get up, get up; young sister.

If you're fed up, fed up, fed up,

Then you're gonna be lit up, lit up, lit up.

(Verse 2)

I'm survivin' on welfare,
Other TIs are judging.
My friend of Facebook,
Told me to stop commenting.

The economy and healthcare.
Deuteronomy and self care.
Tell me what is really out there?
Why am I always in a Snap Mare?

(Bridge)

(Chorus 4X)

(Buildup)

If you want the Camaro,
And the cash in your hand.
Don't cry like a baby,
Come up with a plan.

Jesus said: hold out your hand.
Since the day this all began.
If you don't have hope,
Then you're building on sand.

In this great vast land,
There's a way out if you need it.
Not a form to be scanned,
But a steed if you lead it.

Jesus said you should heed it.
If you patient, you can speed it.
Don't ever blame god,
Because then you'll be defeated.

Don't eve blame god,
Even if you're an Atheist.

(Bridge)

(Chorus - X4)


No comments:

Post a Comment